Welcome Letter by Karen H. Jackson, Executive Director
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Policy Council and staff at East Orange Child Development Corporation, I am happy to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
- Provide all health documents to our Health staff.
- Please consider volunteering as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations.
- We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
- Teacher-led instructional support in the classroom
- Reading to children and hands on activities.
- Field Trips
You will be provided with our Parent Orientation Handbook; along with necessary information about our school such as Head Start Program Performance Standards, School Readiness, Early Learning Outcome Framework and Health & Safety Standards just to name a few.
We look forward to an exciting year with our families and students.
Thank you for choosing our school for your child’s learning success in education.
Mrs. Karen Jackson